Blair Rene' Armeau
Blair (at) Armeau (dot) net
My career objective is to work at an organization where I have the opportunity to use my education and talents to advance the organization, myself, and others, developing creative projects, and helping in areas not explored. My eclectic skill sets lead me to thrive in a creative, innovative, fast paced, and changing environment.
Career Highlights, Qualifications, and High Level Profile
- Twenty Two years at Navy Federal Credit Union shows a proven commitment to the company missions, visions, employees, and members.
- Moving positions shows a willingness to learn and improve, experiment, expand knowledge, educate others, share information, grow, and create strong, lasting bonds with employees, supervisors, and managers.
- Strong INTJ and most independent pattern of all the MBTI types. “Independent, Original, Quick, Organized”
- Began career with personal computers in 1986 (think pre-DOS) and have involved myself with the evolution of computer technology through software and hardware.
- Fluent with the most popular operating system use and configuration including Linux (Fedora and Ubuntu), AIX, and Windows.
- Extensive experience in diagnosing, disassembling, and repairing computer hardware problems.
- Programmer by heart and in many languages including, but not limited to, LotusScript (expanded Visual Basic for Lotus products) and Java.
- Familiar with HTML, PHP, CSS, from both a programming and server support role.
- Network and Server installation and configuration. Comfortable working in a hands-on environment. Designed and built a Beowulf and Hadoop clusters at home, for fun.
- Professional Software Trainer who loves to share knowledge and thrives in a classroom environment.
- Extensive involvement with many different types of projects, systems, groups, and situations which have demonstrated an aptitude for flexibility and quick thinking.
- Brainstorming and feeding off of others’ ideas.
- Problem solving, planning, and analyzing.
- Server and network building, maintaining, and monitoring.
- Security design and implementation, both physical and software.
- Both Hadoop and Beowulf cluster construction and programming
- Windows and Linux platforms including shell scripting
- Programming mentality allows me to break down a problem quickly.
- Public speaking and building effective presentations.
- Software training, especially breaking down complex tasks into manageable, easily understandable topics.
- Familiar with ITSM, SCRUM, DevOps, Agile, as this has been recently brought into the section.
System Engineer 4 – Service Transition
April 2010 –present
- I am the Subject Matter Expert for all things Lotus/IBM Notes administration, development, client support, system maintenance, and interoperability with other systems such as DB2 and mainframe.
- Responsible for software development and deployment in Teamstudio CIAO and related tools.
- Assisted and cross trained in ChangeMan ZMF, Serena Dimensions, SVN, Jenkins, GIT, and GitHub.
- Served the roles of both ad-hoc programmer and ad-hoc administrator to support one-off solutions.
- Maintained database heath, security, and access, across Production, Integration, Quality, Training, and Unit environments.
- Primary Point of Contact for Developers. Often called in to diagnose problems including performance and capacity issues.
- Mentored staff on proper procedures, cross trained staff with development, and was the primary author for training materials and documentation.
- Performed monthly training on Teamstudio software tools.
Sr. Lotus Notes System Administrator - Telecommunications
March 2004 –April 2010
- Responsible for all aspects of Lotus Notes Domino infrastructure including Databases and Mail
- Maintained Production, Integration, Quality, Training, and Unit testing environments.
- Updated operating systems, server components, and supported over 100 physical and virtual servers on Windows and AIX platforms.
- Primary point of contact for installing database updates into Navy Federal systems.
Functions Analyst and Programmer - Research and Development
December 1999 –March 2004
- Responsible for being creative and innovating new products, redesigning old products, and programming solutions to streamline and automate different aspects of day to day operations.
Computer Training Specialist - Human Resources Training Branch
October 1996 –December 1999
- Responsible for all corporate software training programs.
- Mostly focused on Microsoft Office and Lotus products but also hosted certification courses.
Workstation Analyst - Information Services
June 1996 –October 1996
- Desktop maintenance including software and hardware diagnostics
High School and Junior High Teacher –Mathematics, Computer, Desktop Support
1992 –1996 –Schulenburg Independent School District (Schulenburg, Texas)
- Primary computer training teacher for Junior High and High School classes.
- Courses included Computer Literacy, Business Computing, and Computer Science programming.
- Supplementary Mathematics (Analytic Geometry) support teacher.
Formal Education, Certifications, Training, and Awards
- Assorted Sustained Performance Awards
- Received Many Exceeds Expectations
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- DevOps Training
- Lotus Notes and Domino Administrator
- Lotus Notes and Domino Programmer
Master of Science in Computer Science
1989 –1992 Southwest Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas
- Specialized in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science
Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics
1985 –1989 Schreiner College, Kerrville, Texas
- Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science